Monday, January 31, 2011

Family History, I am reading it

So I started reading grandma Elaine's autobiography (transcribed and with notes by her husband Hollis Hullinger.) I decided to do this after a lesson about the Sabbath day andappropriate Sunday activities. It is hilarious and means so much more because you know who she is talking about some of the time. I'm only on fifth grade, but have come across plenty of silly stories about her an her family and even the time she first learned to stuff her shirt! (she was only in the third grade, so she wasn't stuffing a bra yet.) Anyway, I highly recommend it and ask if anyone has memoirs or biographies of other family members to let me know. I've also read grandpa Crapo's at some point, but I seem to have misplaced it and all other ones I had.

2 comments:

  1. It has been a while, but I too love reading our Family histories. It makes me so glad to be part of this family. And I realize how important it is too record our own stories and history. I need to do that all better. You all seem so good at your blogging- kind of like public journaling. I have a hard time with even my private journaling. Love ya! Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading stories of our ancestors, too. There are so many great stories. I think that is one reason I love DUP. It gives me an excuse to read up on my family history and then gives me a captive audience to tell stories to. I have this thought that someday it would be fun to make picture books (probably pretty rudimentary ones) out of family history stories for my kids. We'll see if that ever actually happens. Probably it is more likely that I will read histories and then have a little story time at FHE or something. That could be good, too.

    ReplyDelete